NewSouth Technologies, Inc. is seeking an Education Technology Support Consultant to join our Home Base Service Desk Team.? The team will be housed at the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) in Raleigh, NC.
As an Education Technology Support Consultant you are expected to provide world-class technical support to North Carolina K-12 teachers, school administrators, and parents. ?You will provide a unique mixture of solutions-oriented technical support and customer service, resulting in maximum customer satisfaction.
This position ensures customer and client expectations are exceeded by providing Information Technology support and services to end-users of the Home Base suite of NCDPI applications, which are based on Pearson PowerSchool Student System, Pearson Schoolnet Instructional Improvement System, and Pearson TESTNav summative assessment solution.? The Education Technology Consultant will be extensively trained in these applications.
This position will be responsible for resolving incoming telephone and e-mail requests for technical assistance, documenting incident information in support tickets, and diagnosing and resolving the incidents.
- Provide world-class support and service to customers, adhering to defined processes and quality standards.
- Provide accurate and detailed logging, ticketing, and tracking of all telephone and email requests in the Remedy Incident Management System.
- Provide application support to customers, pertaining to software functionality, incident resolution, and system configuration.
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution or appropriate escalation of all issues.
- Provide timely and professional follow up on all incidents and service request.
- Instill confidence and build competence in customers.
- Research resolutions using a variety of manuals and online resources.
- Contribute to overall success of the customer, the support team, and the company.
- Achieve established goals and objectives.
- Accurately complete and submit weekly time sheet.
- Adhere to departmental attendance policy, and obtain approval for requested time off before taking it.
- Comply with policy and process requirements.
- Read and understand department communication, emails and technical notes in a timely manner.
- Document and log support issues and subsequent resolution in Remedy Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Escalate issues that extend beyond consultant?s expertise.
- Close or escalate cases with-in two hours of initial call.
- Respond to customer replies within 24 hours from the time the Case Status changes to Response Received.
- Attempt to gain agreement with the customer prior to closing the case.
- Document all live conversations and email correspondences with the customer in a Case Comment.
- Use the appropriate spelling, grammar, or punctuation in fields visible by the customer.
- Provide a clear, concise, and detailed list of actions taken to resolve an issue in the Conclusion field.
- Maintain the correct status designation for owned Cases.
- Document detailed troubleshooting steps for all cases that are escalated to the next tier of support.
- Document all required fields valid values within the CRM.
- Understand and work towards performance and career goals documented in periodic evaluations.? (Take ownership of personal and professional growth.)
- Understand assigned goals.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Average Handle Time (AHT).?? Average amount of time spent per interaction, including Average Call Duration (ACD), Hold time, and After Call Work (ACW) metrics.
- Quality Assurance. Policy and process adherence as measured by the QA program.
- First Call Resolution. The ratio of cases closed vs. escalated.
An ideal candidate will have experience with supporting K-12 education student systems or other browser-based computer applications and will be familiar with trouble-shooting application problems.? The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills along with superior listening skills.? The candidate should be team-oriented and willing to take initiative when necessary and must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer applications and documentation.? Preference will be given to candidates with K-12 education background.
Minimum requirements include an associate?s degree from a technical college, preferably with a concentration in computer science, information technology or related area, and one year experience in the information technology field.
Related information technology experience or K-12 teaching experience may be substituted for required education.